Home Forums Bird & Insect Sightings Sunday morning – 11/12/22

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Aldcliffe Marsh – 6 Russian White-fronted Geese among a mixed flock of c.800 geese, including Greylag, Pink-footed and a few Canada Geese in a field between Freeman’s Wood and Aldcliffe Wildfowlers’ Pools (SD 456 610).
      Two of the Greylag Geese had orange neck collars and one of these – PSI – was in the fields by the level crossing at Leighton Moss last Sunday morning. They were both ringed at Windermere.

River Lune, Lancaster – 1 2nd winter Mediterranean Gull between Greyhound and Skerton Bridges.
      1 male Red-breasted Merganser on river towards Skerton Weir – the first I can recall seeing there.

Pine Lake – 1 female Scaup, 165 Tufted Duck, 16 Pochard, 15 Goldeneye, 3 Gosander
      A noticeable influx of dabbling duck due to the cold weather, including 104 Wigeon, 32 Gadwall and 8 Shoveler
      4 Great Crested grebe, 1 Little Grebe, 20 Cormorant

Teal Bay groyne – 26 Pintail at high tide

Scalestone Point groyne – 1 Purple Sandpiper, 35 Turnstone

Park Street groyne, Bare – 2 Purple Sandpiper, 149 Turnstone, 12 Ringed Plover

Lancaster Canal, Aldcliffe Road – The colour-ringed Black-headed Gull – White J2CR – originally ringed at Stavanger, Norway in 2012 has returned for another winter.

Pete C

Dan Haywood
      Participant

Hi Pete. I too saw your Med. Also the merganser– which I photographed as it was impersonating a local Goosander.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.