Home Forums Bird & Insect Sightings St. Nicholas Arcades

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Pair of Oystercatcher nesting on rooftops here at SD478617.

Thanks Andrew K.

Anybody else got Oystercatchers nesting near them?

Kevin D
      Participant

A pair in my son’s garden at Melling for the second year in succession

Gar
        Participant

A pair have produced two young near the disused Milnthorpe railway station.

eddybayton
          Participant

I’d heard them driving through a few times but not located them. There is a pair on the remaining pillar of a stone barn by the roadside about 2-300 yards towards Langthwaite from the top of Stocka Bank.

Gar
            Participant

Outside of the area.
              A pair of Oystercatcher regularly nest in an unknown location somewhere in the industrial area beyond the long-on boundary at Kendal Cricket Club. They’re often successful and sometimes a noisy adult and their offspring appear during a match, which is sometimes more entertaining to watch than the game itself. There’s been a pair here again this year.

guymcclelland
              Participant

There is one I see regularly at Lancaster University, often alarm calling. There tends to be a couple earlier in the year. I certainly remember them last year also. I always wondered if they have nest on a roof, so it is interesting that there is a pair at St. Nic’s.

guymcclelland
                Participant

I am happy to confirm that the oystercatchers have bred on the Lancaster University campus. 2 adults were accompanied by 2 sizeable chicks on the sports field to the east of the Health Innovation building this evening.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.