Home Forums Discussions Site Queries and Suggestions

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thanks to M6 Media, Rosie Briggs and members of the society committee for getting the new site to where it is today.

It’s your site, and we want to use it!

There are no doubt some problems to iron out so please explore and leave your queries and comments in this thread so we can seek to resolve them with the webmaster.

Adam Booth
      Participant

A map of the recording area would be useful for those unsure of the boundaries. The worded description is not precise enough for newcomers or visitors.

“The recording area includes a wide variety of habitats along the coast of the bay and inland from the low lying farmland around Cockerham to the south, the high fells of Bowland to the east and the Arnside/Silverdale AONB and Lake District southern fringe to the north. The area includes RSPB reserves at Leighton Moss and Morecambe Bay as well as several Local Nature Reserves and other areas of particular wildlife interest.”

Good work with the new site and many thanks for Andrew and his sterling work.

And thanks for including a link to my local blog.

https://anotherbirdblog.blogspot.com

rosiebriggs
        Keymaster

Hi Phil

The map on Birding Sites does cover our area but I agree that it should be cropped to show this. If you can tell me how to do it I will!

Rosie

Adam Booth
          Participant

Hi Rosie

Not my area of expertise I’m afraid. I do appreciate it would be a very wavy line that would include places that someone might reasonably expect to be included in “Lancaster and District” while excluding others of an apposite expectation!

Phil

Steve Graham
            Participant

Hi Is it possible to keep my first post as a ‘sticky’?

As I tend to put all my local sightings in one place nowadays throughout the year. I suspect they may get lost if not in an obvious place on the forum. I had a similar arrangement on the previous website.

Regards
              Steve

Dan Haywood
              Participant

Hi Steve,

You needn’t worry about any sightings past, present or future being lost by posting in the conventional way (ie without a ‘sticky’).

All records from posts gets entered into a database, mainly by Rosie.

I’m editing the 2019 annual report and have included several of your records from the database– just included your Hawfinches– so please keep sending them in, perhaps just on an ‘as and when’ basis like we do.

Steve Graham
                Participant

Hi Dan

That’s great. Will do.

Again a big thanks for all the effort put into this project.

Cheers
                  Steve

Steve Graham
                  Participant

Hi Dan

I must be doing something wrong not been able to view a recent photo since the new site launched. All I see when I go to Flicker is the the standard set of old photos?

Regards
                    Steve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.