Home Forums Bird & Insect Sightings Search Function … new web design

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all. Just went online to register for the new site and do a search for something I was looking for from the summer. It seems I can’t access any data for records or sightings before the re-design. Can anyone help please?

jeffbutcher
      Participant

Hi Eddy. I think the answer is in the very first post by Andrew. Jeff B

Mal
        Participant

Hi Eddy,
          What info are you looking for?
          Mal

eddybayton
          Participant

Thanks both. I hadn’t scrolled low enough below the screen…sorry.

I was looking for swift records , nothing important right now. For me it would be something of a tragedy if the historic database was lost. I use the search function all the time. The printed annual reports are excellent and detailed but there were extensive ‘quick reference’ records online going back more than ten years with no hard copy.

eddybayton
            Participant

I guess this belongs in discussion really. Sorry again. My thanks to all those involved in both the old and new sites. Tremendous work and much appreciated.

Dan Haywood
              Participant

Don’t worry Eddy, all the data is safe and sound and of course it all gets looked at / published in the annual reports.

andrewmccafferty
                Keymaster

Eddy, I’ve dumped out the raw data back to 2004 (I think it’s all there) from the sightings forum in this spreadsheet.
                  If I get time, I’ll make something to present in a bit more of a palatable form, but at this at least means anybody who wants to can get at the raw data. The people who built the site were going to charge an arm and a leg to do anything with it, so now the only option is for me to try to do something with it in my spare time (which there isn’t much of).

It’s basically just a massive CSV dump, but it’s here anyway:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eo7WqWu6rcEbSTN60GoiolVBtX9JTQTsAmj9RZtxvEk/edit?usp=sharing

eddybayton
                  Participant

Andrew, thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.