Home Forums Bird & Insect Sightings Recent Damsels and Dragons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

24th May SD47Y; a recently-emerged Black-tailed Skimmer, a male Broad-bodied Chaser, a Four-spotted Chaser plus male Banded Demoiselle and several each of Azure, Common Blue, Large Red and Blue-tailed Damselflies along a stretch of Leighton Beck with no general access.

Today 1st June; single male Beautiful Demoiselles Fishcarling Marsh (SD48W) and Lancaster Canal SD46Z. A male Broad-bodied Chaser Lancaster Canal near Slyne, SD46T.

andrewmccafferty
      Keymaster

Helen and I had a Beautiful Demoiselle flitting through Foulshaw yesterday evening, and my fellow Mc, Mr Mckee reports that he saw one there today too!

Alasdair
        Participant

At Foulshaw on Sunday we also had a Downy Emerald and on Friday there was a newly emerged female Black-tailed Skimmer at Gait Barrows.

Steve Graham
          Participant

Great records of Beautiful Demoiselle in North Lancs. A species I haven’t seen locally. A scarce insect in these parts but no doubt spreading. Reasonable numbers in South Cumbria and I have seen then near Meathrop Moss and within the Lake District itself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.