Home Forums Bird & Insect Sightings Freehold owl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Once again, a very obvious tawny owl between Derwent Road and Windermere Road, this time this morning in half light given away by about 60 jackdaws and a carrion crow giving it grief. It was unbothered and hung around until full light about half an hour later. I have a feeling it has a variety of roosting places nearby. I have an evidential photograph but it’s too big to post.

nozandjules
      Participant

Glad to hear you’ve seen it too! We’re on Windermere and have had 2 definite sightings – first on 29th December and then 8th January. Have only been looking in the evening and only have a decent view of the sycamore tree! What time did you see it in the morning?

andrewmccafferty
        Keymaster

… and I’ve moved in the house next to Julia and keep missing it! It seems that a surefire way to make it pop up is for me to go out around 1630 in the evening :-). I’m going to try a morning watch with my breakfast now though! On Sunday evening there was huge commotion with a jay, mistle thrush and some magpies, but the tree was a bit too dense to see into from where I was looking.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.