Home Forums Bird & Insect Sightings Caton/Halton

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Plenty of Goosanders out today with this lady in with them.
      Also 4 Little Grebes!

Dan Haywood
      Participant

Great shots.

The duck is actually a Red-breasted Merganser (note the red eye, straight –not hooked– bill tip).

Great images on your site, by the way– particularly the Lune ones!

https://www.samadelewildlife.co.uk/blog/a-good-start-to-the-lune-valley-wildlife-project

samadele
        Participant

Thank you Dan!
          Yeah – I noticed the difference straight away when she was in with the others! Couldn’t see a male or any others, just the Goosanders!

Ah thank you very much! 🙂 It’s a challenge at times but getting to be worth it!

Steve Graham
          Participant

Single Fieldfare chuckling away first thing this morning on Mill Lane, Halton. They appear to have been few and far between so far in 2021. Then again I’ve been to few places in 2021 so far!

Cheers
            Steve

samadele
            Participant

I was thinking I haven’t seen any, but I’ve only been out a couple of times myself!

samadele
              Participant

Two female Goldeneye on the Lune today, some other sort of ducks flew by but couldn’t see what they were! I was joined by a little Wren, and a male Goosander 🙂
                Other sightings (apart from mallards):
                Buzzard, 2 Dippers, Heron and Cormorant fly over, Goosanders, 2 Oystercatchers flying over, and 2 Little Grebes and I think thats it.

Yesterday, lots of Lapwings in a field coming into Caton!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.