Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

New features

Posted by andrewmcc 
New features
July 10, 2012 07:14PM
Hi folks,
Just like to draw your attention to a couple of things which have been added since I moved the site:

1. Photos attached to a message will now appear as thumbnails in the body of the message: clicking on them will open the picture in a kind of popup, but you can click on the cross (or anywhere else that isn't the picture itself) to close it.

2. You can now send private messages to other users by clicking the "PM" link next to their name (which is only available if you're logged in, so that only registered users can send private messages to each other).

When they log in, they'll see that they have new messages near the top of each screen). I'd encourage you to try that first if you want to get in touch with somebody privately, before asking me to put you in touch with them. Anybody you send a private message should get an email telling them so (unless they've turned this off in their settings).

I've also worked out what this "announcements" thing is about!

Andrew
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Thanks go to Pete Crooks for today's header photo of Aldcliffe. If you have a suitable picture of a local birding spot, why not send it to the webmaster, at andymccafferty@gmail.com? I need to resize (and if necessary crop) pictures to make them 600x130 pixels, so ideally send it at that size (definitely not smaller).

Site design by Andrew McCafferty | Back to top.

web counter
web counter