Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Meeting - a question

Posted by Jeff Butcher 
Meeting - a question
January 29, 2020 08:13PM
The talk given by Robin Horner about the RSPB in the North-west of England at Monday's monthly meeting was excellent. It was generally informative with a dash of history of sites, with the ecological importance of each area, with RSPB policy and development, and with just enough statistics to make the point.

I thought the new developments for Warton floods were especially important for anyone living in our area and it was interesting to note that RSPB doesn't want to own everything it develops. This will certainly be one to watch for the future.

I have been a regular visitor to both the Ribble Estuary and Dee Estuary sites, but I will see them with new eyes on my next visits.

The question I am left with was:"Where were all the members?"

I think there were only 30 people there on Monday. I am not sure what our membership is at the moment but I was surprised to see so few turning out.

I know some people grumble when we have travelogue talks (too light), while others complain if a speaker gets too technical with masses of graphs and statistics (too heavy), but this was real birders' talk with a balance of interest.

Thanks Robin. Sorry you were poorly supported, but you were very well received by those of us who were there.

Jeff Butcher
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter