Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Estonia winter trip for Hawk Owl, Steller's Eider and other great birds

Posted by Barrie Cooper 
Estonia winter trip for Hawk Owl, Steller's Eider and other great birds
December 20, 2017 11:58AM
Estonia is having an amazing irruption of hawk owls with at least forty there at the time of writing, with most expected to stay throughout the winter. Estonia's top bird guide has put together a four night trip for a small group that I'm offering to LDBWS members in the first instance. He will lead the tour with my assistance (although I will be a paying member) and he will drive the minibus. This is a great opportunity to see some superb birds at a much lower cost than a commercial tour.

Species that are expected to be seen include Hawk and Ural owl, Steller's eider, white-tailed eagle, black woodpecker, white-backed woodpecker, nutcracker. Cost per per person includes guide, minibus, accommodation and meals in Estonia. Costs between GBP650 and GBP750 dependent on group size. Flights currently around GBP170 from Manchester. Dates of tour are Feb 7th to 11th. Send me an email for further details at: barriecooper@outlook.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/12/2017 01:25PM by Barrie Cooper.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter