Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Books

Posted by eddybayton 
Books
August 25, 2016 10:04PM
I'm clearing out 90 boxes of books of all kinds as we settle my father's estate. There used to be an LDBWS library held at Leighton Moss. I'm not sure if it is still curated. I have three titles of historical interest to offer if it does, are they of interest.... ? I have enough stuff to sort out and these are library quality. Other similar titles as yet unsorted.

Birds in Flight WP Pycraft illustrated by Rowland Green, London Gay and Hancock Ltd First Edition 1922 . Bound colour plates protected with tissue, also B&W plates.

An Illustrated Manual of British Birds, Howard Saunders, London, Gurney and Jackson with 384 illustrations and 3 coloured maps, 2nd Edition, revised and enlarged, 1899

British Birds by WH Hudson CMZS , New edition 1897, with a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E Beddard FRS (illustrated)

Longmans Green & Co London New York and Bombay

interested to see if these titles have any interest still in the modern age...
Re: Books
August 29, 2016 11:16AM
We spent a lot of time sorting the LDBWS library and merging it with RSPB stuff. It is in the meeting room at Leighton, you access it through the back door and office.

Anything which is just for disposal could go on the sales shelf in the cafe.

Jeff
Re: Books
August 30, 2016 06:32AM
Thank you Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Thanks go to Pete Crooks for today's header photo of Aldcliffe. If you have a suitable picture of a local birding spot, why not send it to the webmaster, at andymccafferty@gmail.com? I need to resize (and if necessary crop) pictures to make them 600x130 pixels, so ideally send it at that size (definitely not smaller).

Site design by Andrew McCafferty | Back to top.

web counter
web counter