Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Request for info on Lancaster Pied Wagtail roost

Posted by Ian Hartley 
Request for info on Lancaster Pied Wagtail roost
March 20, 2015 12:40PM
I've received a request for help from Glen Chilton, currently at Glasgow, who is interested in pre-roost gathering behaviour of Pied Wagtails. Basically, he would like to know where is best to observe pre-roost gatherings in Lancaster, so he can come down and watch their behaviour without having to waste too much time searching for them. He's doing similar observations in Glasgow and elsewhere over the next 12 months.

So, he needs to know: 1. where the large roosts are and 2. where the birds gather before going in. Especially 2, because he has visited the roost already this winter.

If anyone can help with information, please post it here as a reply, or send it to me if you prefer and I'll send it on or connect you with Glen.

Thanks
Ian Hartley
Re: Request for info on Lancaster Pied Wagtail roost
March 25, 2015 03:38PM
For info: Glen came to Lancaster this week and on 24th March he counted the birds leaving the roost near Sainsbury's. 1010 birds - which is pretty sizeable by any standards.

Ian Hartley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter