Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Ravens in Lancaster?

Posted by allysoun 
Ravens in Lancaster?
March 06, 2015 01:01PM
I think a pair of Ravens are starting to build a nest on the big aerial tower on the police station in Lancaster. Can anyone confirm this?
Re: Ravens in Lancaster?
March 08, 2015 08:10AM
(at least, they were hanging around a lot on two separate days when I was in town, and carrying twigs up. I'm waiting for someone to call me a daft apeth and that they're rooks, ha ha)
March 13, 2015 05:20PM
No you appear to be right as three other people have mentioned this. The RSPB white cross staff should be able to suss this out further. Thanks for posting
March 15, 2015 09:17PM
Both birds were hanging around the tower today being particularly noisy and seemingly checking out one of the platforms near the top of the tower. I live less than a 5 minute walk from the site so shall keep an eye on it
March 19, 2015 01:40PM
Thank you. Exciting!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter