Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Twitchers - A British Obsession

Posted by Paul Cammack 
Twitchers - A British Obsession
October 07, 2013 06:34PM
Broadcast on BBC 4 last Friday but available via I-player until end of this week, I think.

Not seen it, but it may entertain you for an hour

Paul
Re: Twitchers - A British Obsession
October 08, 2013 08:34AM
Great programme, well worth catching.

[www.bbc.co.uk]
October 08, 2013 11:19AM
Yes I'm sure it's been on TV before on BBC1, maybe a couple of years ago.

Here's a list of birdwatching obsessions. You may be able to add others. You can categorise them in various ways e.g. scientific/non-scientific, cheap/expensive, beginners/experts, spring/summer/autumn/winter activity etc etc .
Do you think there is a sequence to them?
Are they all of equal worth? or can you line them up as per the John Cleese, Ronnie Barker, Ronnie Corbett social classes sketch?
Which one describes you best? Is it the same every year?

Hide hugging
Listing and yearlisting
Twitching
Foreign tripping
Digiscoping/photographing
Patch working
Surveying
Vismigging
Ringing
Nest recording.

I do ALL of them - so does that make me a mega-obsessive?
October 08, 2013 07:43PM
Have you given up Seawatching Jean?
October 09, 2013 09:51AM
Oh yes, how could I forget that one? Also I've ditched the digiphotography for the time being as I found I couldn't do that and birdwatching at the same time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter