Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

various, Tuesday

Posted by Eddy Bayton 
various, Tuesday
January 11, 2005 01:12PM
F Blackcap, Derwent Rd

45 Linnet on the tip from Pye Motors

14 Goosander, 5 Cormorants, 55 BH Gulls, 2 Grey Heron, Kingfisher, 2 Goldeneye, Sparrowhawk, Treecreeper, 4 Pied Wagtails, 15 LT Tit at Skerton Weir

1 Little Egret on Aldcliffe side from Golden Ball

Surprisingly, only 1 burned out BMW on the shore nearby.

Re: various, Tuesday
January 11, 2005 03:47PM
Reads like a new version of the 12 Days of Christmas!

Jeff
January 11, 2005 09:55PM
Out of interest, 9 Goosander over Derwent Rd 4.15pm heading in a straight line from Skerton Weir -> Quernmore. Where do these birds bed down for the night, Blea Tarn or Conder Mill or a tucked away stream or tree somewhere? I'm assuming they're the same as the Skerton Weir birds earlier today which may not be correct. There's a regular dusk flight and always in the same direction, todays numbers were just much higher.

January 12, 2005 09:01PM
I've seen Goosander on Conder Mill pool the last couple of times I drove past there (five week period). You ask where do they bed down for the night. But my sightings have been daytime so can't answer the question Eddy.

Pete Woodruff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter