Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Sedge warbler

Posted by Jeff Butcher 
Sedge warbler
June 17, 2020 05:31PM
In 2011 I first picked up a sedge warbler just south of Hest Bank on the canal bank in the brambles opposite the moorings. Except for 2017, I have found one there every year since.

Today I found one adult moving around close to the Hest Bank end of the brambles, but then, at the far end towards Raikes Bridge, there was an adult collecting food along the edge of the water and dashing back in (BTO code FF). I suspect these are two separate nesting attempts, but not confirmed.

The real surprise was that I found another sedge warbler in the hedgerow down Raikes Bridge Lane along the section by the railway line. A dog walker told me that he had been seeing that bird for a while, so it sounds as if it may be a breeding attempt away from the canal.

Jeff B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter