Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Bare

Posted by Jeff Butcher 
Bare
May 14, 2020 09:33PM
About 16.30 today on rising tide, Bare seafront was
Re: Bare
May 15, 2020 09:29AM
What did you have, Jeff?
May 15, 2020 02:36PM
Sorry I don't know what happened to the rest of the message. I'll try to remember it, something like:

About 16.30 today on a rising tide, Bare seafront was bare.

In 15 years of visits I don't think I have ever seen it completely empty at that stage of the tide, but it was on Thursday. There were a couple of collared doves, a crow and a sparrow but no shorebirds.

Further along at Scalestones there were 1 shelduck, 6 eider and a great crested grebe on the sea and 2 curlew, 2 whimbrel and 13 oystercatchers on the groyne.

I have now worked out what went wrong with the original message because it happened again with this one. After the word Bare I had put a line of dots before continuing. Apparently that obliterates the rest of the message.

Jeff B

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2020 08:49PM by Jeff Butcher.
May 15, 2020 08:53PM
Today Friday about 18.30 the sand/gravel of Bare beach held, I estimate, over 200 dunlin and about 100 ringed plover. I tried an accurate count but they kept flying round so I gave up.

Nothing on the sea. 2curlews at Scalestones with 24 oystercatchers but no whimbrel.

Happy Mount Park saw 1 blackcap male and heard another.

Jeff B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter