Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Colour-ringed Black-tailed Godwits

Posted by Barrie Cooper 
Colour-ringed Black-tailed Godwits
March 29, 2020 01:38PM
During the past few days I've come across four colour-ringed Black-tailed Godwits. One was sleeping on one leg and I couldn't get the full details, however I now have the previous records of the other three.

Bird 1
First ringed (R8 -WY) on 15/7/2010 in Iceland. Since then it's been seen several times in places such as Kent, Essex, Suffolk and Lincolnshire. It was recorded at The Snab on 17/4/15 and seen in the Lytham area earlier this month. Interestingly it hasn't been recorded in Iceland since 7/6/15.

Bird 2
O-YW/W
First ringed 1/9/19 at Snettisham. Recorded in Northern France last November.

Bird 3
O-GW/W
First ringed 1/9/19 at Snettisham, the record at Aldcliffe on 28/3/20 is the first recorded sighting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/03/2020 02:20PM by Barrie Cooper.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter