Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Sound recordings
March 28, 2020 07:40PM
Walked from home to Aldcliffe to record 'bickerings' of BT godwit on flooded field. Got some good results due to reduced traffic and aircraft noise.
Steve
Re: Sound recordings
March 28, 2020 08:43PM
I did the same at Aldcliife on Thursday in the hope of recording the rattle of the garganey on the Flood. Just listened back to it and I think I failed but there is a good selection of other bird calls. There is a distant GSW drumming heard on the recording. The nearest suitable habitat must be 600m away.
Re: Sound recordings
March 28, 2020 09:39PM
There's a drumming GSW in Freeman's Wood which can be heard from the godwit area. Goldeneye can be quite vocal at the moment. The godwits are a constant soundtrack there at the moment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter