Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Arnside garden

Posted by Pete Last 
Arnside garden
March 26, 2020 05:12PM
Chiffchaff and Blackcap singing from Hollins plantation. Blackcap also from hedge in front garden.

Chattering Swallow North at 11.43

Brimstone and Peacock again today.

Plenty of birdsong including distant Green Woodpecker. Seem to have lost Great Spotted Woodpeckers. Not seen or heard
For many months. Most unusual.

Pete Last
Re: Arnside garden
March 27, 2020 08:27AM
I haven't heard Chiffchaff yet, but you must have heard the same Green Woodpecker this morning! I've had male and female GSW up the hill, but less often than previous years. A Jay zoomz through occasionally. Yes it's Blue 35 as already mentioned below by others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/03/2020 10:28AM by redders.
March 27, 2020 08:55AM
Mike have you managed to ID the Foulshaw moss Osprey leg ring colour yet from the webcam - I cannot get a clear view of it yet. Several great spotted and green Woodpeckers on the Knott yesterday
March 27, 2020 09:57AM
Apparently it is the female osprey on the nest.
March 27, 2020 10:18AM
Yes it is Blue 35 per Foulshaw Ospreys on Twitter
March 27, 2020 02:26PM
Male Osprey just arrived from Africa to join it's mate at Foulshaw
March 27, 2020 04:48PM
Blue 35 was frequent to Silverdale Moss last year. Might be worth a short exercise stroll that way eventually.
Within rules of course.

Pete Last
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter