Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Aldcliffe

Posted by Barrie Cooper 
Aldcliffe
March 21, 2020 12:44PM
Twenty-nine Whooper Swans (including two juveniles) on one of the WIldlfowlers' Pools. Also approximately 350 Black-tailed Godwits on the pool.

A few pairs of Lapwing displaying around the maize field and plenty of Redshank feeding in the field.

Twenty Meadow Pipits heading north at 9.30.

The five Greenland White-fronted Geese were on Heaton Marsh.
Re: Aldcliffe
March 21, 2020 03:16PM
The herd of 29 Whooper Swans were still on the Wildfowlers' Pools at 2.00 pm.

2 Wheatear along the salt-marsh side of the sea wall on Aldcliffe Marsh (3 there during the morning according to a dog-walker).

c.1000 Pink-footed Geese on Colloway Marsh

A male Rose-ringed Parakeet trying, but failing to dislodge a Jackdaw from a nesting hole in an oak tree in Admiralty Wood, Aldcliffe.

Pete C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2020 07:23PM by P Crooks.
March 22, 2020 09:58AM
Where is Admiralty Wood, I saw a Parakeet at Pony Wood recently!

Jim Shep.
March 22, 2020 02:10PM
Admiralty Wood is the group of mainly oak trees (its hardly a 'wood') to the SW of Pony Wood - i.e. between Aldcliffe village and the path connecting Aldcliffe Road and Willow Lane. I've used the name Admiralty Wood as this is what Jon Carter calls it on his map of the Aldcliffe area on his Aldcliffe blog.

Pete C
March 22, 2020 04:32PM
The male Rose-ringed Parakeet was again in Admiralty Wood early this afternoon.

Pete C
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter