Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Arctic Skua Bare pool, Morecambe

Posted by redders 
Arctic Skua Bare pool, Morecambe
February 23, 2020 03:15PM
Oystercatchers
Dunlin
Knot
Turnstone
Ringed Plover
Curlew
and Arctic Skua (90% sure as was very dark almost swift like in agility, long tail feathers, about the size of a bhg) Not good enough for a record but I thought folks might be able to help with id) second person thought Arctic too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2020 03:16PM by redders.
Re: Arctic Skua Bare pool, Morecambe
February 24, 2020 08:58PM
Any record shots please Mike?
Re: Arctic Skua Bare pool, Morecambe
February 25, 2020 05:19PM
here two crops of disappearing bird's tail feathers. Even at my most bold I would not suggest they help much!
[www.youtube.com] really confirms dark morph AS. It was hawking the Oystercatchers, and others, on the stone breakwater by the paddling pool Bare. The whole assemblage of roosting birds were put up, but they soon settled.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2020 05:28PM by redders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter