Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Ringed bh gull

Posted by eddybayton 
Ringed bh gull
October 30, 2019 09:39PM
Walk around Dalton Crags this morning. Redwing and fieldfare everywhere. Also a big group of goldfinch, perhaps 90, a single green woodpecker, and a feeding group of chaffinch including at least 3 brambling.

Stop off at Devil's Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale for a cup of tea. Very confiding bh gull which I can't believe hasn't been logged already although I haven't done a thorough search through the records. Dipper also.

Gull: Right leg silver metal ring. Left leg tall blue ring with white lettering reading from the bottom up 2H32. There was an annular inscription in tiny lettering around the top of the blue ring but I could only read perhaps 8h**@gmail.com or Bh**@gmail.com.

I presume regulars to the tea bar at Devil's Bridge will know this bird.
Re: Ringed bh gull
October 30, 2019 11:20PM
Hi Eddy,

Email Kane Brides at kane.brides@wwt.org.uk as it will be a bird he has ringed somewhere in NW England.

Incidentally a regularly returning Norwegian CR Black-headed Gull was on the River Lune by Skerton Bridge on Tuesday.

Pete C
October 31, 2019 07:47AM
Thank you Pete. Details sent on. If I have a reply I will post anything of note on this thread. Eddy
October 31, 2019 08:43AM
Check the LDBWS reports -there is a regular c r bird there but not in my lancs ringing report remit as in Cumbria
November 05, 2019 10:18AM
...for the record and as Pete pointed out, this gull has been recorded every Autumn/Winter at Kirkby Lonsdale since 2014 and travels under the ring number EY26612 ...Not being up on ringing I assume that is the number on the British Museum (???) metal ring on the other leg which was obviously unreadable. The WWT emailed back very kindly this morning to confirm this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter