Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Barbondale beck

Posted by Paul Daunter 
Barbondale beck
June 11, 2019 03:55PM
Barbondale on the 10th

4 pied flycatchers incl. 2 males
at least 2 nest sites
2 spotted flycatchers feeding
3 redstarts 2xf 1xm
2 great spotted woodpeckers
2 grey wagtails
4 pied wagtails
1 common sandpiper
1 buzzard
1 kestrel
2 wrens
loads of willow warblers

Paul D
Re: Barbondale beck
June 11, 2019 08:24PM
Common Sandpiper is a good sighting here. I've not seen it recorded here in many years, my last was 11 years ago in June 2008 despite in excess of 25 visits.
June 12, 2019 09:29AM
This bird was acting injured and trying to draw me away, so it may have a nest
location; FB by Blindbeck bridge and Fell House farm
June 13, 2019 11:45AM
They have bred or attempted to breed in that area every year for several years at least. It's just outside my main study area so I don't monitor them closely, but I usually go and check for colour ringed birds.

All the best,
Stuart
June 13, 2019 01:39PM
How many records of CS here since 2008 please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2019 03:28PM by Pete Woodruff.
June 13, 2019 10:40PM
I only started searching properly a few years ago. Usually just the one visit each season but 1 or 2 birds seen in each of 2017 and 2018. Don't think I went in 2016 but will check. Definitely saw them there one year soon after I moved up in 2012, but don't think I've got a note of it.

They also breed near Gawthrop at the top of that road (but in Dentdale) most years - though not this year. Numbers seem to be slightly down from 2018 in the wider area.
June 19, 2019 10:06PM
I reported Barbon bird on 6 June on here.

Suggest you use the Search Sightings box above to check.

Jeff B

( Just been watching a dozen plus black teens on the fjord north of Tromso in the midnight sun. )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter