Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Grey shrike 4/11/18

Posted by Kevinkelly 
Grey shrike 4/11/18
November 05, 2018 07:17AM
One was perched in the trees opposite Lilian's hide, and was seen by multiple observers.
After speaking to a reliable source, it wasn't viewed through a scope as none was to hand, so not able to rule out other grey shrike species. The bird flitted from various bush top, before being lost.
Re: Grey shrike 4/11/18
November 05, 2018 04:06PM
Shrike reported from Causeway Hide today at c2.30pm

Also ring-tail hen harrier photographed this morning.
November 05, 2018 10:29PM
Surely a record shot then to blow up, Kev?
November 06, 2018 06:37AM
Hopefully Pete. I wasn't in yesterday so I haven't seen any photos yet
November 06, 2018 06:30PM
I saw the Hen Harrier yesterday morning at 10.26 am. It was hunting over the distant reed bed opposite the Public Hide for around five minutes before being mobbed by Crows and chased off and lost from view.

Edit - sorry - just realised it's a photo of the Great Grey Shrike you were hoping for. Unfortunately I didn't see that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2018 06:34PM by IanF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter