Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Heysham Black Scoter

Posted by howard 
Heysham Black Scoter
October 09, 2018 04:06PM
Black Scoter 1 drake swimming
Of Heysham head 15.25 to 15.40 when I
Left.

Jeff
Re: Heysham Black Scoter
October 09, 2018 04:55PM
Definitely Black Scoter rather than just a male Common? Was the bill pattern viewable?
October 09, 2018 05:35PM
Yes I did see the bill. But thinking
about it the sun might
have shown it bigger than normal.
So it's best to put it down as a miss
sighting of a Common Scoter

Jeff
October 09, 2018 06:04PM
Jeff please text - two of us were less than five minutes away
October 09, 2018 06:14PM
Which channel was it in please Jeff - if it's hanging about often follow the same line. Same place with tide before 0900 tomorrow?
October 09, 2018 07:27PM
Hi Pete,
It was out from Heysham head past the green
Marker bout. It was floating out with the tide.

Good luck Jeff
October 10, 2018 01:42PM
Checked from Knowlys viewpoint this am but didn't have much time due to doctors appt. Therefore a scoter with the distant eider line which was asleep during the whole viewing time was not identified but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Velvet. Clearly a different agenda to your closer ?presumed solitary sighting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter