Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Foulshaw Moss

Posted by redders 
Foulshaw Moss
September 09, 2018 12:15PM
No Ospreys, but lovely views of a Hen Harrier.
I can't guarantee it was hatched in Cumbria.

Stonechat
Common Buzzard
Swallows
House Martins
Siskins

Re: Foulshaw Moss
September 09, 2018 10:15PM
Pallid ruled out? :-)
September 10, 2018 11:02AM
I wouldn't know unfortunately.

I spotted the harrier when scanning the horizon for Buzzards and noticed two smaller birds harrassing a Common Buzzard. I'm not used to this behaviour, but thought a sparowhawk like shape. The two birds then had a go at a Raven. The bird then dropped down to the marsh doing the usual vshaped wings, harrier with a very bright rump. I then spotted this bird, which was moving around in the tree.

It is very white and gull didn't spring to mind.

I'd be very grateful for your views, although I suppose you had to be there.

Oz
September 10, 2018 02:41PM
Could be a white Crow- there is a Heversham bird which gets around a bit.

Mark
September 10, 2018 02:46PM
Sounds a good bet, I've seen one of the Heversham crows before on the marsh fields.
September 10, 2018 06:06PM
Any more sightings of the Harrier please? I know record shots can be misleading but I am a little concerned about the upperwing ochre looking solid and what seem to be pale plain underparts. If it's been around for ages and obviously sorted apologies. Any other pics please if it was a fly-through
September 16, 2018 01:49PM
Did anyone else see this bird and get any pics please?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter