Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Geese

Posted by Jeff Butcher 
Geese
June 08, 2018 11:23AM
I have been told by a neighbour today that every morning at about 6.30 a skein of geese flies north over Bare.

I assume these will be greylags, though Canada is possible.

She asks where they will have roosted and where they are feeding. For the latter I suggested the salt marshes around the Bay, but I don't have an answer for the roost. They are flying roughly south to north, so where is there south of Bare where there is a goose roost, please? Aldcliffe?

Jeff B
Re: Geese
June 08, 2018 03:57PM
There has been quite a bit of coastal movement of Canada Geese over the last few weeks but nothing regular and habitual (see esp Fleetwood bird obs site It all depends what she means by flying north as it could just mean Greylag commuting between the Lune and Carnforth Marsh
Re: Geese
June 09, 2018 07:44AM
Thanks Pete.
JB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter