Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Holmere birds

Posted by awilliams 
Holmere birds
March 12, 2018 04:34PM
11.30am visit this morning to Holmere in heavy rain:- Wigeon 50; Shoveler 40 mainly male; Gadwall 10; Tufted Duck 10; Mallard 4; Moorhen 1; Coot 2; Black-tailed Godwit 100; Lapwing 30; Oyster Catcher 10; and Redshank 1.

Allan Williams.
Re: Holmere birds
March 12, 2018 06:01PM
Hare tarn this afternoon saw black tailed godwit 54, wigeon 32, teal 13, redshank 2.

Snab flushed by jogger with a great big fixed grin like jack Nicholson in batman. Everything fled apart from
one Greenshank

Sand Martin south end Clearwater fisheries for about 30 seconds or so - seemed to disappear as though it crossed the motorway but couldn't relocate on pine Lake
March 12, 2018 11:15PM
Where is Holmere?
March 12, 2018 11:30PM
Adjoining the A6 by a small industrial complex between the two yealand turnings. Seasonal water like hare tarn and warton floods
March 12, 2018 11:31PM
Adjoining the A6 by a small industrial complex between the two yealand turnings. Seasonal water like hare tarn and warton floods
March 13, 2018 12:02AM
Thanks Pete - I know where you mean - I must stop and have a look next time I'm passing!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter