Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Conder, Glasson and Cockersands

Posted by Ian Hartley 
Conder, Glasson and Cockersands
March 04, 2018 04:28PM
4th March

Conder Green
Stonechat 1 male by layby
Little Grebe 4
Teal 38

Lune from bowling green at Glassson
Almost waderless
Wigeon 525
Dunlin 25

Jeremy Lane
Whooper Swan c80

Moss Lane - Gardner's farm area
Whooper Swan 490
Bewick's Swan 4

Cockersands - marsh by caravan park
Stonechat 2
Jack Snipe 3 on high tide
Twite 42 on field by old brick observation tower
Skylark 35 in same field

Ian Hartley
Re: Conder, Glasson and Cockersands
March 04, 2018 07:43PM
I found a field full of about 750 Black-tailed godwit near Pilling (opposite head dyke garage on the A588) - very easy colour ring reading if anyone has time. On the way back I called in at the waderless Conder green however as I was leaving around 750 Black-tailed godwit appeared high from the South-West, circled over the pool and then out towards the other side of the Lune. I wonder if these were the same birds at both Pilling and Conder or different flocks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter