Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Pink-footed Geese

Posted by GT 
GT
Pink-footed Geese
October 05, 2017 01:54PM
c.50 just gone south over the RSPB Lancaster office at White Cross Estate.
Re: Pink-footed Geese
October 05, 2017 04:29PM
Four skeins over Hornby just got glances whilst working, all flying south and high up, two skeins around 50 each, one of around 70 and the other only heard. All between 9am and 1pm.
October 05, 2017 09:49PM
Approximately one thousand in several skeins flying down the Lune towards the Bay between 09.00 and 009.45 as seen from the Aldcliffe Marsh area.
October 05, 2017 10:27PM
This is interesting as there were none over Heysham red nab/ocean edge/over the sea as seen from Heysham this morning (see Hey log last two days when plenty)
October 06, 2017 11:36PM
33 heading your way about 1730 this evening, Ken (west over High Tatham)
October 07, 2017 09:56AM
80 flying south over my garden in Silverdale late Friday afternoon and a skein heard from my bed Saturday morning!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Thanks go to Pete Crooks for today's header photo of Aldcliffe. If you have a suitable picture of a local birding spot, why not send it to the webmaster, at andymccafferty@gmail.com? I need to resize (and if necessary crop) pictures to make them 600x130 pixels, so ideally send it at that size (definitely not smaller).

Site design by Andrew McCafferty | Back to top.

web counter
web counter