Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

Osprey at Arnside
June 19, 2013 07:39PM
My wife and I were walking between Arnside and Silverdale on Tuesday 18th June about 10.30 am.
Just past the end of Arnside Promenade on the footpath above the beach we noticed a large bird circling the river being mobbed by a small group of Oyster Catchers!
It looked at first like a Buzzard but it flew towards us and it was very apparent by its markings it was an Osprey which was confirmed when I got my binoculars out. The mobbing lasted a couple of minutes and the Oyster Catchers flew up river.
The Osprey circled around above the river for about ten minutes obviously looking for a meal then it flew out towards the bay and vanished.
Re: Osprey at Arnside
June 19, 2013 08:19PM
Reasonable to suggest I picked this bird up at 6.50pm this evening over the Public Hide at Leighton Moss, it spent only a few minutes here during which time it took a fish and promptly disappeared NW with it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter