Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo Today's photo by Pete Crooks Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society logo
Sightings Discussion and Notices Photos Insects
Edit profile Help on formatting Search sightings

High Tide Broadway

Posted by Jeff Butcher 
High Tide Broadway
December 02, 2004 05:47PM
High tide at Broadway today had the usual waders and duck (including m & F eider) and - I though unusually - two snipe out on the sand feeding with the redshank. The water was quite deep under them before they flew off and landed on one of the rock groynes.
Jeff Butcher
Re: High Tide Broadway
December 02, 2004 10:22PM
Hi Jeff
I've had them occasionally on low tide counts in the really silty wet mud just on the north side of the 'boat and bend' groyne i.e. amongst the boats - the substrate is the key, I guess.

Also, as spartina & glasswort takes a firm grip on the 200 metres or so on the inside of all the groynes, as the first stage of salt marsh formation, they will undoubtedly feel even more at home.

Pete Marsh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All LDBWS web pages are the copyright of Lancaster and District Birdwatching Society and should not be reproduced elsewhere without the express permission of the Society. The opinions expressed in the LDBWS newsletter are not necessarily those of the Society. The content of LDBWS Member's Web Pages is the responsibility of the member concerned. LDBWS ask all birdwatchers to observe the Birdwatchers' Code of Conduct and the Country Code.

Back to top.

web counter
web counter